Saturday, March 20, 2010
Gratitude
Today, I'm grateful. Grateful for peace and joy. Grateful for sunshine, for my childrens efforts and urgings. I'm grateful for my husbands time, his push forward and happy energy to move onward and upward. I'm grateful he told me today we all just need to be less serious about each moment. (Serious moments are familiar to me). And I'm grateful to God who loves His children. I'm thankful to have endured with friends some very dark moments where we felt unknown to our creator and then to find out after a good struggle that He knows us, and is truly and intricately involved in our futures and happiness. And I'm am so thankful for moments. Moments that linger, moments that fleet, moments I want to savor that move away too fast and moments that thankfully end and don't come back. And I'm so thankful for a daughter who sucks her thumb and loves to be held and for a son who tells me exactly what is bugging him and requires me to tickle his back for 6 songs every night. And for my Adeline who reminds me about being right and wrong, what is black and white and that "yes" should be my answer a whole lot more than "no". In all, I'm thankful I can cry today for the moments come and moments gone and for my blessings that I recognize better today than I did yesterday. And especially for the light that most assuredly comes. Because no one likes the dark--not even a grown up mommy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's good to be grateful for everything! Thanks for the reminder! =)
Heavenly Father really is good to us, huh? I'm grateful for YOU, Vaness! --Maggie
Post a Comment