Monday, July 7, 2008




We spent our Fourth of July at the Genese Country Village and Museum 10 miles west of our home. The Porter family joined us and we had a fantastic time. We began the day with a cannon salute which Addie never did come to like very much. And we ended the day exhausted and happy. We ate lunch under a Linden tree and watched an authentic parade complete with 13 maidens, Uncle Sam on stilts and several Colonial Bands. We loved it. We also all suceeded at stilts ourselves. The finest moment of our day was to witness with a hundred other spectators a genuine naturalization ceremony. Forty-eight ladies and gentlemen from around the world denounced their own countries to become adopted into ours. My love for our nation deepend and my hope in what we stand for was increased. May God Always Bless America.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Great pictures, Vanessa! I'm keeping this idea ready for next year....looks like a great way to spend the fourth!

Torrie Young said...

That is an awesome 4th. I bet the naturalization was amazing to see. Addie is looking tons like Max. Thanks for posting pictures so we can see!!

BERNOTSKI FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

So I was looking on Jaime's blog site and saw your family's picture and went crazy because the last time I saw you was on Snow College's stage winning "Miss Snow College" but I preferred you as "Miss Bar Ten." HOW ARE YOU!!!