We have been visiting our sweet little country paint store. We've visited before a number of times, quite actually, and we'll probably be visiting again soon. But on one particular occasion, we came home with a pile of swatches which unknowingly included the color that would settle all matter of ongoing discussion and debate as to what on earth we will paint our walls! BAMBOOZLED. That's what it's called. Can't you just picture it now? Come on, I know you can do it. Bamboozled! Unlike the Ice Fog, which will be placed on our living room wall near the fireplace--the name quite accurately describing the color--a peaceful blueish gray. Bamboozled actually stirs up a number of feelings, ideas and opinions as to what it accurately depicts. What could it possibly look like? Which brings up the thought that maybe color technicians actually search out the color to mach a certain word they find intriguing. I can see it now.
Worker one, "How was your date last night?"
Worker two, "It was fantastic! She completely bamboozled me with her smile."
OR
Worker one, "So, how did your interview go with Mr. X?"
Worker two, "Oh, you know, he just bamboozled me!"
Worker one, "Say, that's a great word! Have you ever seen that color before? We should really find its match."
Worker two, "Yeah, what do you think it looks like?"
Worker one, "Well, you know, it's just--Bamboozled!"
Laughter
Well, whether this could possibly be true or not is completely beside the point! I'll have you know that Bamboozled is beautiful! Like a burnt red autumn leaf or the deepest part of color on a red delicious apple. It could even be that smokin' color of lipstick you'd love to wear but don't dare to. It is found in every season except spring--unless you're lucky enough to have roses bloom earlier than June. It even implies all the mystery and allure that is captured in Vermeer's painting of "The Girl with the Pearl Earring". Like the color of her lips. Or the emotions which accompanied the gift of the earring itself. And it's that feeling of having just had something outrageous happen. Like finding a color that makes you happy, warm, kind, excited and amazed all at the same time. And above all astounds you that among all the candidates vying for your attention--stunningly, the one that you all love together just happens to be--BAMBOOZLED!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oohhh, sounds lovely! Hopefully I'll be able to see it in person soon! Love you!
-jen
Man, someone can write. I loved reading you're post. I hope bamboozled has turned out to be all you hoped for a more. It sounds so luscious I think I'd have to open the paint can and throw in a straw. I'd love to see a picture of the finished product.
Nessa,
Hi! I found your blog off of Jessica's that I found off of Michelle's. It looks great. I LOVE the family photos. I have got to get some more done soon. Here is our blog address, I hope that you will add me to your friends www.dlheaton.blogspot.com. Sorry it is not very updated, we have been really busy this summer and me pretty sick and tired with pregnancy. I am going to get working on it though. I would love to plan a weekend and get together sometime. Love ya, Lise
Happy Happy Birthday Nessa Dear happy days will come to you all year!! We wish you the happiest day of the year. Hope it is fun and fulfilling. Love ya!!
-Torrie, Arlyn, and Charlotte
Post a Comment