Mike has been in Russia on business for almost 10 days.
Max started kindergarten last week. A big adjustment for all of us. He's doing well. But is very tired. The bus comes at 7 am. He loves his teacher (thankfully) However, I have now encountered my first experience with major competition for my sweet son's devotion... I'm not sure who misses him more, Addie or me.
Our camera broke. Actually, this happened about 1 month ago. I just thought this an appropriate part to excuse my blogging updates.
Addie, continues EVERY day to inform us that her "birthday is coming up on December Ninth and [she] get[s] to start Ballet class. And ride [her] pink bus". Everything is pink including the deer and the muskrats we almost run over.... (she won't really be riding the bus to ballet either).
We had Anna and Luke Benzley stay two nights while Caroline was having her baby. This began Saturday (1 day after Mike left for Russia) and they stayed until Monday.
They are a great match for Max and Addie and we had a wonderful, though eventful time.
I fell down the stairs last Sunday morning. I'm grateful I can walk better now. It was from the top too! OUCH!!
Had to start an incentive program of Marbles for my children to #1 Stop Whining, Complaining, Screaming (yep, we have a live raptor dinosaur for a daughter and she likes to let us know when she's upset--or even slightly perturbed--who knew these creatures still walked the earth) and Talking Back and #2 Obey the First time!--we're doing surprisingly well! The kindness has dramatically increased and the sweet voices are MUCH more common than ever before. My tolerance level for whining, complaining, screaming and talking back, however, is still below zero... It'll be great to have their dad back!
Just a reminder of how wonderful children are and the good things they are trying so hard to do! I so deeply love my own children and pray this reminds you of how fantastic your own are to you!
5 comments:
That's okay. We all go through it. I had zero posts the whole month of August. I was getting threatening emails from my family and friends. We just love when you do. Keep it up!
VANESSA! I love your blogs! You crack me up! first of all, Mike is coming home from Russia! You'll have to call and tell me about his trip! second, you FELL down the stairs!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding?! I hope you are ok! and third, I LOVE that picture of Max and Addie! I miss them! I'm jealous that mom and dad get to go out there! I really do hope that we get to see you next month when we're out that way!
love you!
-jennie
I saw you on Sunday and didn't get a chance to chat let alone get the scoop on this big trip for Mike. We eat dinner most nights with no daddy, we should have you over! (When does he come home?}
Didn't know Caroline had her baby. Congrats to them!
Cute kids! It really does remind me that I love mine too. How fleeting these young years are! That is rough being a single parent. I don't envy you. We will be trying it out very often this year as Taylor travels for interviews. Uck -- but at least that means we will be making money soon!! :) love ya!
Great posts, great pictures. I haven't talked to either of you guys in about forever, but I still have a copy of "Total Stranger" from the ol' mission days. Hope things are going well for you all!
Post a Comment